The importance of SEO blogs and articles cannot be stressed enough. They help drive traffic to your website which in turn let’s you stay profitable. Merely having content isn’t enough as regular updates is what visitors are going to keep coming back to. Just throwing random words on a page isn’t going to be enough to lure visitors. Search Engine Optimization pros know their craft. And it works if build the right way. The Web has got millions of surfers at a given time, you just need to know how to reel them in.
Cast a net, and reap the rewards with these 7 essential tips:
- Get your keyword research ‘game-face’ on. Anyone can post content on their site but if you don’t have an audience, it can be demoralizing. Pour your heart out and get noticed. With so many keywords and phrases that populate the Web, knowing which ones to pick can be tricky. It is worth investing time in though, as getting noticed by Google is what you should aim for. Have an Excel spreadsheet with popular keywords at your disposal. Keep track at the number of times you use these keywords into your content. Use the right tools to gauge where you rank for the keywords that you target.
- Let the keywords work its magic. Using just 2-3% of keywords in your posts isn’t enough. You need to delve deeper to get your content noticed. Consider using keywords in the title of your blogs, as well as into your sentences. Adding them into the first and last sentences has been proven to have the best results. The secret behind this, is that the keywords stand out to search engine crawlers, and the visitors who check out your site. We use search engines to look for specific content on a daily basis. Knowing how to incorporate keywords and phrases into your blogs will help you stand out. Not only will this lead to more clicks and referrals – it’s one the essential tricks that help separate the cream from the crop.
- Write tailored content for an audience. Nobody knows your craft like you do – so what kind of invaluable advice can you share with the masses? Still stumped? You can share news that relates to your business. Whenever in doubt, look at your list of keywords and see what kind of in-depth posts you can work them into. Should you have the chance to interview some experts, don’t pass this opportunity by. This will enable your site to get noticed. If you quote them, and feature their expert opinions, they can share your content on social media. It’s a win-win.
Also Read: Essential SEO Plugins for WordPress
- Pad out your content. Yes, 100 words of new content is more fitting than no posts at all. Although that may be true, search engines do prefer to give more leeway to longer blogs and articles. Try and aim for at least 300 words, but if you can go above 500, there’s no reason to stop there. Research has shown that content with at least 2,000 words work best.
- Optimization is key. If WordPress is your go to platform for blogging, there’s a ton of free online PR tools that you can use. (in the form of helpful plugins) Yoast and Shareaholic are highly recommended. Do install them if you haven’t already. Free and intuitive web PR is as easy as pressing the “install now” link.
- Edit, edit, edit. The difference that separates SEO article writers and regular writers is a keen eye to editing. Word programs such as OpenOffice, Google Docs and Microsoft Word makes things easy. The red and green scribbles that show incorrect spelling is essential as they help eliminate potentially harmful misspellings. It is important to have formatting that is pleasant on the eyes and be freed from clutter. If you’re having difficulty reading your own content, this translates to the reader’s eyes. Steer clear from sentences and paragraphs that go on forever.
- Publicize your content. Why stop once you’ve posted an article? The work is only half done as you need to find an audience. Link out the content that you have written all over the Web. Comment on blogs and post links that direct back to your site. Social media and web content posts should be used side-by-side. As soon as you publish a post, you should be in a Tweeting frenzy.